Thursday, June 12, 2008

June/ Chapter 17: Some answers

A few people have asked me if I was writing about them in this blog. The situations in this blog are not based specifically on anyone's lives. There's a couple of things people have said or done I've put down. But it only seems to some people I am writing about their lives because this blog is meant to be about issues that affect many people.

This blog is a pretty heavy read, but it's not meant to make people over think or take the romance out of relationships. It's meant to give honest answers to questions that I always get asked, and strategies on how to get a nice guy or improve the quality of our relationships.

I write this blog for several reasons. I've always been interested in understanding how people think and why they behave the way they do, it's why I took psychology at university. Relationships is a very important topic in our lives, for guys as well as girls. Guys don't think about relationships as much as girls therefore it would seem strange a guy would write about these topics, especially a rugby playing, weight lifting, weekend party animal. But that's why I can see and write about things girls can't really see or relate to.

In recent months, talking to girls I know in Hong Kong I've realised there was a lot of girls complaining there aren't any guys they could find to have a decent relationship with. It's true, Hong Kong is one of the few places I've been to where there are so many attractive and interesting ladies in their 30's because they still have not found the right person. It happens everywhere but very extreme here, so I wanted to examine why.

Finally in researching for this blog I've learnt a lot about people and about myself as well.

No comments:

Website counter